Monday newsletter published by Data Science Central. Previous editions can be found here. The contribution flagged with a + is our selection for the picture of the week.
- Gartner Data & Analytics Summit 2017, 6-9 March | Grapevine TX. Lead in the Age of Infinite Possibilities. The must-attend event for leaders focused on BI, data, analytics, MDM, information management, and information governance. The opportunities to generate business value from data and analytics are infinite. Learn how to harness this rapidly expanding landscape despite internal constraints and external forces. http://www.gartner.com/us/data
- Big Data Analytics Simplified – Webinar, December 20. Wishing you could reduce your spend on proprietary data warehousing? Don’t have the time to learn new query languages for big data analytics on Hadoop? MariaDB has the solution for you! Register now.
Featured Resources and Technical Contributions
- Naive Bayes Classification explained with Python code
- Top programming languages that will be most popular in 2017
- How to build a search engine: Part 1
- My Best Data Science, Machine Learning and Related Articles
- Correlation does not imply causation +
- Introduction to Apache Spark with Examples and Use Cases
- The Best Answers to Your Most Crucial Deep Learning Questions
- A Comprehensive Tutorial for the ember-data Library
- Understanding machine learning #3: Confusion matrix
- Android 7.0 for Developers: New Features, Performance Upgrades
- 10 Data Science, Machine Learning and IoT Predictions for 2017
- Has Deep Learning Made Traditional Machine Learning Irrelevant?
- Why Data Decays so Fast?
- Why data preparation should not be overlooked
- Data Science for IoT vs Classic Data Science: 10 Differences
- If IoT is the Meteor, is OT the Dinosaur?
- Enterprise AI insights from the AI Europe event in London
- Is it time to consider data in motion in your big data projects?
- Digital Transformation in Utilities sector
- Computational Advertising on Social Networks: The Basics
- Taxonomy of 3D DataViz
- The Challenge of Hiring a Chief Data Scientist
- Objectification of Incidents
News, Events, Books, Training, Forum Questions
- Fastest Growing Open Source SQL on Hadoop – Video
- Question: costumer acquisition strategies for Data Science startups
- Question: Open Source solutions for Interactive Dashboards
Picture of the Week
Source for picture: contribution marked with a +
From our Sponsors
- Big Data Analytics Simplified – Webinar, December 20
- Optimal Data Analytics Architecture – Upcoming DSC Webinar, January 24
- Embedded Analytics Empower the Citizen Data Scientist (eBook)
- Scaling Data Science for the IIoT – Advanced Analytics (eBook)
- Data Science: The Era of IoT in FinTech (eBook)
- NYU Stern: Make Decisions with Clarity
- Top 10 Business Intelligence Trends for 2017
- 3 Interactive Dashboards You Can Build before the New Year