Monday newsletter published by Data Science Central. Previous editions can be found here. The contribution flagged with a + is our selection for the picture of the week.
Featured Resources and Technical Contributions
- Stacking models for improved predictions – A case study for housing prices +
- Statistical Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Building up a simple facial feature analysis platform – using Shiny and Microsoft Oxford API
- Massive Internet Attack Floods the World with Fake Data
- Analysis of 2 Million Hijacked Passwords (in Python)
- R for SQListas: Forecasting the Future +
- Several papers on data science, for discussion
- Newbie Seeks Advice
- Year in Review: Deep Learning Breakthoughts 2016
- Solving the Data Science Mystery
- Difference Between Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Software Engineers – According To LinkedIn +
- Machine Learning: what it means and why it is the future of growth
- Machine learning as a service ? Might lose sleep over this !
- Why Oxytocin & Adrenalin are key to creating engaging Data Products?
- 5 Business Models That Suit the Startups!
- Product recommendations in Digital Age
- 3 challenges when migrating to cloud-based project management software
- 13 Predictions About The Future Of Big Data
- Has AI Gone Too Far? – Automated Inference of Criminality Using Face Images
- Your CRM data should reveal your future success (or demise)
- Salary history and career path of a data scientist – (Updated)
- Why so many Machine Learning Implementations Fail?
- 13 Great Blogs Posted in the last 12 Months
- Google’s AI Powered algorithm
Picture of the Week
Source for picture: contribution marked with a +
From our Sponsors
- Holiday Savings: Data and Analytics Training at TDWI Las Vegas
- Why the Pros Attend Predictive Analytics World
- Optimizing Analytical Insights, Data Security and Visualization – Upcoming DSC Webinar
- Anomaly Detection for Large Scale Analytics with Machine Learning (Whitepaper)
- Streamlining Analytic Processes to Boost Productivity – Upcoming DSC Webinar
- Fastest Growing Open Source SQL on Hadoop – Upcoming DSC Webinar
- Introducing Notebooks: A power tool for Data Scientists (Whitepaper)